dinsdag 30 juli 2013

The four cardinal directions

This is a little book I recently made. It is a report about my project Woodman's Journey.
In this project 'Woodman's Journey' I studied (and got inspired by) historical ceramics from the four cardinal directions. With this background, I worked on a series of ceramic sculptures.
These sculptures are the (fictional) story of a globe-trotter ("The Woodman" which stands for the wood that was used to firing kilns for centuries), who brings  souvenirs from his journey.
It was intended that I show a specific part of the ceramic spectrum. Usually ceramic techniques that have my interest, and it is partly based on my archaeological interest and love for detail and decoration.
I researched ancient glazes and especially for this project I developed new glazes in collaboration with the glaze technician at Struktuur 68 ceramic studio in The Hague.
Some of the ceramics previously shown at this blog are part of the project.
The project is supported by STROOM Den Haag.
www.stroom.nl



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten