donderdag 1 maart 2018

Flowers on a Jan Snoeck sculpture

Such an incredible honour that I have been asked to paint a large sculpture by Dutch sculptor Jan Snoeck (b. 1927). Flowers in blue and white. When I was chatting with Jan a few years ago at Struktuur 68, I said to him how I would like to paint one of his sculptures entirely in blue and white. He remembered this idea and in december he called me on the phone and said that he didn’t know exactly what to do with this sculpture and wanted me to think of the idea of painting it in blue and white. Ofcourse I loved the idea. I started with the torso in January and now I am working on the legs. 
Working with Jan is such a privilege, despite his age (91) he is still creating works of art, isn’t that amazing?!
























Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten